Doutel v. Norwalk - Introduction
This case is a Federal Civil Suit brought by Barbara "Casey" Doutel against the City of Norwalk for violations of Mrs. Doutel's civil rights. The rights violations occurred when Officer Jared Zwickler of the Norwalk Police Department arrested her husband without a warrant, searched her home without cause and illegally seized her firearms along with her husbands.
Mr. Doutel was arrested on a biased and near ridiculous charge of Threatening in the Second Degree for leaving a voicemail on his doctor's phone system. The criminal case against Mr. Doutel is chronicled in depth on this site.
Important to remember while reading about this case is the fact that Mrs. Doutel has never been accused of a crime, holds a valid Connecticut Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers and is a law abiding individual like her husband. The police and prosecution never had a reasonable cause to remove Mr. Doutel's firearms, but much less so Mrs. Doutel's firearms.
Still, the court has refused to hear the various efforts made to have a hearing on the return of their firearms.
- Norwalk's motion to return defendant's property
- Defendant's motion for a speedy trial
- Doutel's third status update hearing - 05/07/2012
- Doutel's second hearing - 08/22/2011
- Defendant's motion for Removal of Protective Order
- Prosecution's motion to lower charge to Creating a Public Disturbance
- Doutel's fourth status update hearing - 07/05/2012
- Denial of Mr. Doutel's Motion to Dismiss
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss (Memorandum) - 07/13/2012
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss - 07/13/2012
- HHS decision against Dr. Igal Staw based on Felony Health Care Fraud conviction
- Defendant's motion to vacate - 05/23/2011
- Doutel's second status update hearing - 07/05/2011
- Doutel's first status update hearing - 05/20/2011
- Defendant's motion to disclose police report - 04/05/2012
- Vinnie Penn interview about Norwalk v Doutel and background check fees
- Voicemail recording with captions
- USAO's report on Dr. Igal Staw's sentencing for health care fraud
- Doutel's first hearing - 07/27/2011