As of 4/4/2013, SB 1160 is now in effect across Connecticut. This 138 page gun ban drastically alters the laws regarding firearms in Connecticut. No answer in this FAQ should be considered updated until this message is removed. We will be reviewing the new laws and the impacts they will have on Connecticut law and updating this FAq and our site as necessary.

Please stay tuned...

Yes. You are required to notify the issuing authority within two business days. Failure to do so can result in a felony prosecution and conviction, $500 fine, three years imprisonment, and forfeiture of any pistols or revolvers in your possession. The notification shall include the old address and new address.

You may contact SLFU at (860) 685-8290 to update your address. A change of address may also be filed via E-mail at Special Licensing and Firearms Unit or by mailing a letter to: Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Division of State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, 1111 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT, 06457. Include your name, permit number, old address and new address.

scroll up