Norwalk v. Doutel - Introduction
Mr. Duane Doutel is a Vietnam-era U.S. Navy veteran. He served as a Hospital Corpsman. Mr. Doutel runs his own software company and works as a software developer. Mr. Doutel and his wife decided to get their pistol permits and arm themselves after the Cheshire home invasion of 2007.
Mr. Doutel is a resident of Norwalk, Connecticut. He also runs his business out of Norwalk, CT. Mr. Doutel has no prior criminal record and is an upstanding member of the community. Mr. Doutel has a few medical complications including diabetes which involve regular doctor visits and care.
Mayor Richard Moccia
Police Officer Jared Zwickler
Officer Jared Zwickler was a 23 year old rookie officer with only approximately one year on the force, with about half of that time spent in probationary status.
Dr. Igal Staw
Dr. Igal Staw is a doctor who resides in Westport, CT but practices in Norwalk, CT. Dr. Staw plead guilty in Federal Court to felony federal health care fraud on December 11th, 2007. Dr. Staw was sentenced to two years probation and was ordered to pay in excess of $400,000 to both the providers and to the government, who were defrauded.
- Prosecution's motion to lower charge to Creating a Public Disturbance
- Defendant's motion to vacate - 05/23/2011
- Doutel's fourth status update hearing - 07/05/2012
- Doutel's first hearing - 07/27/2011
- Defendant's motion for a speedy trial
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss (Memorandum) - 07/13/2012
- Officer Jared Zwickler's incident report
- Defendant's motion to disclose police report - 04/05/2012
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss - 07/13/2012
- Denial of Mr. Doutel's Motion to Dismiss
- Doutel's second status update hearing - 07/05/2011
- HHS decision against Dr. Igal Staw based on Felony Health Care Fraud conviction
- Defendant's motion for Removal of Protective Order
- Doutel's third status update hearing - 05/07/2012
- USAO's report on Dr. Igal Staw's sentencing for health care fraud
- Doutel's second hearing - 08/22/2011
- Norwalk's motion to return defendant's property
- Voicemail recording with captions
- Vinnie Penn interview about Norwalk v Doutel and background check fees
- Doutel's first status update hearing - 05/20/2011