Norwalk v. Doutel - Motion for Removal of Protective Order (07/03/2012)
In response to the prosecution's motion to lower Mr. Doutel's charge from Second Degree Harrassment to Creating a Public Disturbance, Attorney Baird filed a motion on July 3rd, 2012 to remove the protective order that had been prohibiting Mr. Doutel from possessing weapons. The only justification the prosecution had previously been able to give for the continued protective order was the charge of Second Degree Harrassment.
With this move it becomes clear that the prosecution knows that they have no case against Mr. Doutel and that the only reason they have continued to try and justify the Second Degree Harrassment charge was to keep Mr. Doutel from being able to exercise his right to bear arms.
The stage is set, the prosecution has clearly been acting maliciously by overcharging Mr. Doutel and continually delaying Mr. Doutel's trial. In addition, the court has been complicit in not hearing Mr. Doutel's continued requests to have a hearing on whether the protective order is reasonable or not. Mr. Doutel has expressed interest in not giving in even to this low level infraction and seeing this case through to completion.
The prosecution's wall of illusion is crumbling. We have high hopes for more exciting good news soon.
- HHS decision against Dr. Igal Staw based on Felony Health Care Fraud conviction
- Prosecution's motion to lower charge to Creating a Public Disturbance
- Defendant's motion to vacate - 05/23/2011
- Doutel's fourth status update hearing - 07/05/2012
- Doutel's second status update hearing - 07/05/2011
- Denial of Mr. Doutel's Motion to Dismiss
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss - 07/13/2012
- Doutel's first status update hearing - 05/20/2011
- Defendant's motion to disclose police report - 04/05/2012
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss (Memorandum) - 07/13/2012
- Vinnie Penn interview about Norwalk v Doutel and background check fees
- Voicemail recording with captions
- Norwalk's motion to return defendant's property
- Doutel's second hearing - 08/22/2011
- USAO's report on Dr. Igal Staw's sentencing for health care fraud
- Doutel's first hearing - 07/27/2011
- Doutel's third status update hearing - 05/07/2012
- Defendant's motion for Removal of Protective Order
- Defendant's motion for a speedy trial