Norwalk v. Doutel - Motion for Speedy Trial (06/29/2012)
On June 29th, 2012, Attorney Baird filed a motion for a speedy trial on Mr. Doutel's behalf. Mr. Doutel has been strung along since February 16th, 2011 which has significantly impacted his constitutional right to a speedy trial. Mr. Doutel has had a misdemeanor criminal charge hanging over his head and has been prohibited from possessing or owning weapons since his arrest. His personal property consisting of firearms and related property have been in police custody all this time, as well as his wife's property as well.
In a hearing on May 7th, 2012 this was again brought up by Attorney Baird on behalf of Mr. Doutel and Judge Hudock coldly ignored the pleas for a speedy trial and instead ruled that the next hearing would be in September 2012. This is clearly unreasonable for a charge that is based on lies and ridiculous claims and assertions.
This motion makes clear that the court and the prosecution is clearly stomping on several of Mr. Doutel's constitutional rights by trying to drag this case out over 18 months.
The court has a responsibility to give Mr. Doutel a speedy trial. The prosecution needs to 'put up or shut up'. If they cannot go to trial with this case as it stands, they should dismiss the case as they should have done the moment they were handed the police report. Continuing this case in this manner is simply malicious and it is clear that the only purpose is to deprive Mr. Doutel of his rights.
- Norwalk's motion to return defendant's property
- Doutel's second hearing - 08/22/2011
- Officer Jared Zwickler's incident report
- Defendant's motion to disclose police report - 04/05/2012
- Doutel's second status update hearing - 07/05/2011
- Doutel's fourth status update hearing - 07/05/2012
- Defendant's motion to vacate - 05/23/2011
- Prosecution's motion to lower charge to Creating a Public Disturbance
- HHS decision against Dr. Igal Staw based on Felony Health Care Fraud conviction
- Defendant's motion for a speedy trial
- Doutel's first hearing - 07/27/2011
- Voicemail recording with captions
- Vinnie Penn interview about Norwalk v Doutel and background check fees
- Defendant's motion for Removal of Protective Order
- Doutel's third status update hearing - 05/07/2012
- USAO's report on Dr. Igal Staw's sentencing for health care fraud
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss (Memorandum) - 07/13/2012
- Doutel's first status update hearing - 05/20/2011
- Doutel's Motion to Dismiss - 07/13/2012
- Denial of Mr. Doutel's Motion to Dismiss